FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Cut-and-Glue Sentences



It's official:  fall is in full swing!  I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!  As I type, I'm looking out the window at the most beautiful tree with bright yellow leaves.  At the same time, village workers are hanging Christmas lights on the tree next to it!  

So, in anticipation of Thanksgiving (and to help my little guy get over the ending of Halloween), we did some Thanksgiving-themed cut-and-glue sentences yesterday.   My son is still in preschool, but I was amazed that he knew most of the words AND could put the sentences together.  He did sentences from the kindergarten part of the set.  My daughter (kindergarten) worked on sentences from the end of packet which are geared more toward first grade.  Everyone had fun reading their sentences to Dad and Grandma when they were finished!  At school, I send the completed sentence page home with a little note to read them again to family members.  

I have sets of cut-and-glue sentences for every season and holiday.  I use them all the time to work on sight words, grammar, and punctuation.  I have found them to be a very hands-on, engaging way to teach basic language arts concepts.  In my store, you can find 2 sets:  kinder/first and second/third.  Each set uses Dolch sight words from the appropriate grade level and contains a variety of sentences.  Click on the pictures below to take a look!  


Happy teaching!  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment