FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ways to Make 10 Game and 2 Recording Sheet FREEBIES!!!


     I have this very simple game that I added to my math center.  If your students aren't already playing it, they will LOVE it!  It happened because, though doing math journals with my class, I realized that they had a lot of trouble finding the number that, when added to another number, makes 10.  So I pulled my Christmas/winter erasers from another game and got a cute winter-themed box from my mother-in-law and created a simple (yet very appealing) game.  


     Here's how to play:     You give students 10 small objects like the erasers above.  One student has all 10 and the box.  The student lays out all 10 (to show an array), then asks the other student to close his/her eyes.  The first student then takes a number of objects and hides them in the box.  The second student then has to guess how many are in the box.  Or, put another way:  How many objects, when added to the number they see, equal 10?  

    My students just LOVE this super simple game!  Someone is always playing it!  So, I made some recording sheets to go with it.  There are 2 sets, one for winter and one for Valentine's Day.  I saw some adorable heart erasers at Jewel last week and now I get to go buy them and find a box!  

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FREE WINTER VERSION

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FREE VALENTINE'S DAY VERSION

     I hope your students love this game as much as mine do!   
     Thanks for reading!
     Tammy


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! So simple and I can even modify it "to 5" for my students who are still working on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? The first thing I thought was, "my students will love this!" My second thought was, "why didn't I already think of it?" Hope your students enjoy it as much as mine!

      Delete