FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Colorful Class Time

     Does anybody know why it takes so long for some kids to learn their colors?  My daughter did okay with them, but both of my boys really seem to struggle.  Right now, my little one (who just turned 2 last weekend!) says that everything is "blue."  I would say that he likes blue the best, but if he thinks orange is blue, then does he really have a favorite?

    Luckily, COLORS were the topic this week in our Language Stars*  Parents & Tots class.  I welcome ANY opportunity to practice colors!  We had a lot of fun ways to practice them, too.  What I found fascinating was that they were very simple activities.  Yet, the teacher managed to keep his attention for the ENTIRE class.  He would start to walk away, but change his mind as the teacher brought out just one more can't-miss-it object.  And, as you can see from the pictures, there was nothing remarkable about any of the toys or activities (from an adult point of view, anyway), but, developmentally, they were just perfect!

    My little one loves placing objects in bags, purses, boxes, or . . . nets.  So he squealed with delight over placing his orange football in a tiny net.  Who would have guessed it?

A football & a net?  Great fun! 
     The teacher had also prepared an adorable flower mural.  She had 2 or more of each color with the middles missing.  The students took turns matching the middle to the correct flower, repeating the colors over and over again to practice.  I tried to get a picture of the completed mural, but the little ones liked it better without the circles, so they kept taking them off!

Completing the color mural
     And what toddler class would be complete without something to wave around?  So, the teacher pulled out rainbow ribbon wands and a fun time was had by all!

Rainbow ribbons to wave around
     Well, my son certainly had fun in class, and I hope it brought him a little closer to knowing his colors in Mandarin.  Really, I'll be happy if he learns just one more color.  He'd have a better chance of guessing it right if he picked more than just blue!

As always,
Thanks for reading,
Tammy


*We get 50% off our tuition for blogging about our Language Stars experience.  But all the opinions expressed here are my own.



 


























Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment