FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Paper Plate Crafts AND Word Families!


I think these turned out so adorable that I just HAVE to share them!  

First of all, let me admit to a LOVE of paper plates.  I love to use them for crafts.  You can literally make anything out of a paper plate!  I have been using paper plates for crafts for years, but never thought of pairing them with word family practice.  Not until I downloaded a Halloween freebie from Susan Moran.  Then I'm like, "Cool!  I can just make it from a paper plate!"  

So, here are 3 of the things we made using her original idea and extending it through 2 more holidays!  

Everyone make -op family wreaths for Christmas!  Aren't these super cute?!




The more advanced readers did the -ate family while others did another short vowel family.
The majority of the class did the -et family on our Halloween spiders.  More advanced readers did -ake words.  



Here's a picture of Susan's original idea and a link to her Halloween freebie.  You should check it out.  Sorry it's so blurry, but you get the idea!  





I hope you enjoy making some of these in your own classroom!  Students enjoy them and they look great hanging around the room!  


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is a good idea of teaching crafts for the children, they do interestingly and they can also learn words by doing this type of crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students really enjoyed making these AND practiced their word families at the same time!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tammy! Remember me? :)) I just bought your Winter Addition Game and really love it! Thanks so much. (I'm Kleonai).

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope your students liked it, too! :)

      Delete