FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ending the Year "Write"!

     The end of the year is almost here!  (Rhyme intended, of course!)  Oh, my!
So, even though we do write throughout the year, I am trying to focus a little more on writing as the year draws to a close.  We are writing just for writing practice, writing for the holidays (We'll be writing for Earth Day soon.), writing for our reading responses, writing for science, and for any other reason I can think of!  
Writing during science

    I can't tell you how glad I am to have these writing journals handy!  I just run off a set that matches our theme (or a blank one) and we're ready to write!  I always give an example at the beginning (spelling by using our "kindergarten sounds"), especially one that encourages them to write MORE.  I remind them to use our word wall, invented spelling, and ask friends.  And, like I have to every year, I remind them that they are not as old as so-and-so's big brother, so they don't know how to spell everything yet and aren't expected to.  

    I thought maybe your class could use a set of these journals, too.  So . . . I'm putting them on sale!  They're 20% off all week (thru midnight CST on April 24th)!  You can find them HERE.  If you want to try them out first, download a FREE SET of 5 HERE.
If you download the freebie, please take a minute to leave a little feedback to let me know what you think.  I hope your students like them!  


Thanks for reading!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment