FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Writing Projects for Fall - - They're Editable!

 Whew!  Finally, after a couple of days of searching through blog posts, downloading free software possibilities, choosing one and figuring out how to use it, I have FINALLY created my first editable resource!  


My "Writing Projects for Fall" set includes 3 writing templates with 22 pages each.  The graphics center around 3 fall themes:  leaves (which could be used for anything fall-related), pumpkins, and apples.  While the adorable frames and graphics are already set, YOU get to edit the title, author, text on each page, references, notes, and page numbers (in case you need more pages and/or want to rearrange them).  
  
I have tried to make these writing "projects" as versatile as possible.  Therefore, you could use them in several ways.  They could be used to create a final draft for student writing/illustrating.  Or, you could use them the same way I do by creating group reports.       

Before writing this, I looked high and low for pictures of the group research reports we completed this year.  I found ONE picture, serving as a reminder that I do not take enough pictures!  So, I suppose one picture and a description will have to do!

Class notes on three books for our "All About Rabbits" group report

In the spring, we read 3 books (on different days) about rabbits and took notes, creating the poster above.  While reading, we answered CCSS-related questions, such as how the illustrations relate to the text, how one book differed from the others, etc.  We covered several science standards (e.g., those related to habitats, animal needs, and animal groups) while also completing many language arts standards.  Then, we worked as a group to retype our notes, creating a book which the class illustrated.   I laminated it and sent it home with each child as homework (I must admit that our "Penguin" book didn't make the rounds until April and the last book didn't make it back at all!).  The books not only worked well to reinforce what the class was learning, but they also made a great home-school connection.  

So, click on the title page picture at the top or HERE to take a look at my first editable product.












Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment