FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Friday, August 5, 2011

Linky Party! Teaching Tip: Hanging Artwork and Decorations

I am only 5'2"(well, okay, really 5'1").  I spent years climbing on step stools, taping things to the ceiling and hanging things from the lights.  One day, I walked into some children's museum (I don't recall which one) to find artwork and decorations hanging from a very cool, "reinvented" clothesline.  I now zigzag one across my classroom about 1 or 1 1/2 feet from the ceiling.  It has 3 eyelets holding it to the walls and forms a triangle.  I simply clip everything to it:  artwork that is drying, artwork that is finished, holiday decorations, sight words, EVERYTHING!  In this picture, I used the clothesline to hang some blue plastic tablecloths.  They looked really neat as decorations for our ocean unit.


Thanks for reading,
Teacher Tam

Join the Cool Teaching Tips Linky Party here:


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love the table cloths! I hadn't thought of that! I've seen some pretty cool hanging octupi though!
    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete