FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog on Fire Award


First of all, I have to thank Kimberly at Science, Etc. for this award.  The rules are that I have to tell 7 things about myself and nominate 7 more blogs for the award.

Here are 7 things about me:  

1.  I currently live in Chicago, but I'm originally from eastern Kentucky.  They are about as different as 2 places can get.  I like it here (obviously), but a part of me will always miss home.

2.  I LOVE coffee.  I drink as many cups a day as I have children (my own, NOT the number in my class).  That's 3 cups a day.  It makes me happy and keeps me awake!

3.  I LOVE chocolate.  Any kind will do, although Lindor is a favorite. (Hint, hint, husband dear.)

4.  I'm really into preserving family memories, but I hate to scrapbook.  I like to do video interviews with family members and always encourage others to do the same.  (Yes, I know that it's annoying, but I want others to think about how important videos of grandparents will be after they pass away.)

5.  I love to laugh.  I think that's one of the reasons why I enjoy teaching preschool and kindergarten so much.  There is never a dull moment and the laughter of children is contagious!  I think it keeps me healthier--and definitely happier.

6.  I am an avid tv watcher.  My husband likes movies, but I prefer television.  I like stories that go on and on and on . . . "Lost" was my all-time favorite show.

7.  I originally went to school to become a marriage and family counselor.  My master's is in clinical psychology.  But, while working on my doctorate, I had to follow the school counselor around for the day.  I ended up in the first grade room cutting out bulletin board materials and decided to stay!

Here are 7 amazing blogs that I follow.  I am nominating them for the "Blog on Fire Award," as well. Take a moment and pay them a visit.

1.  Nyla's Crafty Teaching
2.  Terri's Teaching Treasures
3.  A Place Called Kindergarten
4.  Bee's Kindergarden
5.  Crayons & Curls
6.  Doodle Bugs Teaching
7.  Mrs. Ayala's Kinder Fun!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination!! I loved learning more about you!! :) I've always thought counseling would be great, but I stayed in the kinder profession, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! You are so sweet! I totally LOVE your blog! And I LOVE chocolate too - (Yum Lindor!) :)
    :) Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost was my favorite too! I was so sad when it ended!

    ReplyDelete