Thursday, October 27, 2011
Blog on Fire Award
First of all, I have to thank Kimberly at Science, Etc. for this award. The rules are that I have to tell 7 things about myself and nominate 7 more blogs for the award.
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I currently live in Chicago, but I'm originally from eastern Kentucky. They are about as different as 2 places can get. I like it here (obviously), but a part of me will always miss home.
2. I LOVE coffee. I drink as many cups a day as I have children (my own, NOT the number in my class). That's 3 cups a day. It makes me happy and keeps me awake!
3. I LOVE chocolate. Any kind will do, although Lindor is a favorite. (Hint, hint, husband dear.)
4. I'm really into preserving family memories, but I hate to scrapbook. I like to do video interviews with family members and always encourage others to do the same. (Yes, I know that it's annoying, but I want others to think about how important videos of grandparents will be after they pass away.)
5. I love to laugh. I think that's one of the reasons why I enjoy teaching preschool and kindergarten so much. There is never a dull moment and the laughter of children is contagious! I think it keeps me healthier--and definitely happier.
6. I am an avid tv watcher. My husband likes movies, but I prefer television. I like stories that go on and on and on . . . "Lost" was my all-time favorite show.
7. I originally went to school to become a marriage and family counselor. My master's is in clinical psychology. But, while working on my doctorate, I had to follow the school counselor around for the day. I ended up in the first grade room cutting out bulletin board materials and decided to stay!
Here are 7 amazing blogs that I follow. I am nominating them for the "Blog on Fire Award," as well. Take a moment and pay them a visit.
1. Nyla's Crafty Teaching
2. Terri's Teaching Treasures
3. A Place Called Kindergarten
4. Bee's Kindergarden
5. Crayons & Curls
6. Doodle Bugs Teaching
7. Mrs. Ayala's Kinder Fun! Pin It
Posted at 10:34 PM