FB

Powered By Blog Gadgets

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Number Puzzles FREEBIES for Preschool and Kindergarten




I simply MUST blog about the wonderful discovery I made this week! My youngest son is working on rote counting and number identification. I found this great TEACHER FREEBIE on Teacher's Notebook that is not only academically helpful, but fun, too! 

This set of NUMBER PUZZLES comes from Ms. Denise at PlayLearnTeach. The set includes 4 different puzzles: 2 puzzles for numbers 1-10 and 2 puzzles for numbers 11-20. The puzzles have an Earth Day theme, but the beach and playground scenes make it possible to extend their use into the summer. 


My little guy had such a fun time putting the puzzles together! He couldn't wait to do them again to show Daddy! 

HOW WE ARE USING THE PUZZLES

1. After laminating and cutting them apart, I place the scrambled pieces in front of my son.
2. I ask, "What number comes first?" When he finds the number one, I sometimes have to remind him to put it on the left, as he is still working on left to right progression.
3. I keep asking him to find the next number. Sometimes, we have to count from the beginning again so he can recall which number is next in the sequence. (This is especially true of the 11-20 set.) 
4. After one of the 1-10 sets has been completed, we count from 1-10 as we point to each number. Then, we move it to the middle of the table. 
5. We finish the 11-20 puzzle in the same manner. After both puzzles are finished, we point to each number and count from 1-20. 


Isn't the beach scene very eye-catching? My little guy loves this one! As he completes  these puzzles, my son is working on number recognition, one-to-one correspondence, and rote counting. Click on the picture below to grab your own set for FREE


And, I just found ANOTHER FREE SET today! This set has a summer theme. It covers numbers 1-10, 11-20, counting to 20 by 2s, and counting to 100 by 10s. Click on the picture to download it, too! 

As always, thank you for reading! 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment